Lighting is the important element of home. To get the proper light in any area, right light fixtures are required. There are many advantages one can draw from the light fixtures. First advantage is to have light in the night time from the light fixtures. This would help the homeowner to finish his task. He also gets a sense of security. The house is safe if it has lighting. The house looks very appealing with the use of good light fixtures. Hence it is necessary to have correct light fixtures at home.
It is very important to pick the right kind of light and fixtures. One has to be choosy while selecting the lights for their homes. Although the home owner can be easily confused due to the huge range of lights flooded in market. There are certain points to be considered before making the final purchase.
- Determine the area: The home owner must consider where the lights have to be fixed. Many times the fancy lights are purchased but they do not serve the purpose of lighting as they are not placed in the proper area. You cannot buy same style of lights for all the rooms.
- In amusement of choosing the stylish lights, you may forget that the main purpose is to light the room. Do not be perplexed and decide wisely on the functionality.
- Ceiling is also a vital factor for light fixtures. One may buy the decorative light without thinking of ceiling height. The lighting for low and high ceilings are different. On high ceilings chandeliers look good but for a low ceiling it is a bad idea to choose the chandeliers.
- If you are price sensitive then price would be the major factor for you while selecting the lights for home. Nowadays there are long lasting good quality lights are available. They cost higher than the normal lights. Choosing them is a good decision as they illuminate and give a sense of safety too.
- Check the wattage of the lights at the time of purchase. Buy the wattage according to the usage of the light in the particular area. It is directly related to the electricity bills. Do not waste the watts in the area where low light is required. Put the low wattage light there. Lit the area well with high wattage where it is required most such as study or kitchen.
- Night lights are must for the children’s rooms. It gives them a sense of security and they do not get scared of dark while sleeping. It also helps the parent to monitor them at time night time.
Mentioned below are the types of light fixtures:
- Chandeliers – chandeliers add the luxury and style to the room. The living room looks lavish with a massive chandelier hanging on the room ceiling. There are endless options available. Choose the chandelier according to the room size and décor. It looks wonderful in dining room.
- Pendant light – Pendant lights are the lights that hang from the ceiling. They are small lights. When many pendent lights are used together at one area they provide the look of chandeliers. They are particularly used in the area where direct light is required such as dining tables, pool table and kitchen top.
- Ceiling mount light – The ceiling mount light is used at various places like kitchen, hallway, bedroom etc. If there is a big hallway, it should be used at few steps distance to align the room and provide the right kind of lighting.
- Wall mounted light – Wall mount light fixtures are used for general lighting. They must be matched with other light fixtures in that area such as with chandeliers or with pendant light. They can define the mood of the room or the passage. They are used in bathrooms and near the wall mirrors too to lit them.
- Recessed light – Recessed lights are the lights installed in the ceiling. They are covered with a glass on the top. They may not serve the purpose of decoration but they fulfill the purpose of providing light in the area. They are used in halls or rooms. They are appreciated for the purpose.
It is wise to choose the lighting and then get it fixed. It can change your mood and make the perfect ambiance.